Escape to the Caribbean! We are looking for ED coverage for the month of July on the beautiful US Virgin Island of St. Croix. Commitments are made 2 weeks at a time. You will fly in on a Sunday then be on the island for a minimum of 2 full weeks, and fly home on a Monday. Your roundtrip airfare, rental car on the island, lodging, malpractice insurance and temporary USVI medical license will be provided. You will be compensated by the hospital directly. Your temporary license is good for 90 days and additional dates will be available. We expect these dates to fill quickly so act fast. I need your CV and details about anything that’s on your NPDB profile to be considered for the position. An active US medical license and board certification or eligibility in Emergency Medicine is required. If eligible, proof of eligibility is required.
If you are interested but these dates do not work for you, please email your CV and direct email address to: Marc@ilrhealth.com to be added to our first responders list.
Emergency Room Details in St. Croix:
· Candidate must have an active US state license to start
· 17K plus volume
· 12-hour shifts, 7a-7p, or 7p-7a (Single coverage, mostly)
· 24-hour doc/12-hour PA coverage
· Specific shifts are not guaranteed. Candidates may work days and/or night shifts while here.
· Candidates must be Board Certified or Board Eligible. If Eligible, must provide proof of eligibility
· Provider may not have had any malpractice settlements for the past 10 years
· Certifications: ACLS, PALS, ATLS (ATLS if not Boarded in Emergency Medicine)
· EMR is Meditech
· Minimum commitment of 2-consecutive weeks is required
· Hospital provides malpractice
· Compensation is $125/hour ($1500 per 12-hour shift).
Hospital covers airfare (state side, lowest coach fare), housing, car, and temporary USVI license.