ILR Health is working with hospital partners in the US Virgin Islands to fill several open RN positions. Please inquire for more details.
OR Registered Staff nurse
Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager . Provides professional care and coordinates care with other disciplines.
Examples of Work (Not all Inclusive)
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement programs, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Writes initial nursing histories, assesses patient’s condition and develops individual care plans for patients.
- Administers and controls Narcotics and Medications.
- Assists in formulating and screening Performance Improvement criteria and providing in-service training for staff.
- Evaluates outcomes of patient care, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care plans as necessary to ensure optimal patient care.
- Maintains patient documentation, to ensure accuracy of patient medical treatment.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with hospital standards.
- Assists other members of the nursing team and other supportive disciplines.
- Promotes emotional stability of patients, expresses interest in their progress related to direct patient care.
- Assists physician with examinations, procedures and other processes related to direct patient care.
- Arranges for patients’ diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to patients/families comfort and privacy.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service education and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties.
FACTOR 1 – KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of the theories and practices of professional nursing.
- Knowledge of nursing philosophy, objectives and goals of the department.
- Knowledge of current professional nursing practices in care of patients.
- Knowledge of specifics and the requirements involved in promoting a safe environment and therapeutic milieu within the unit.
- Skill in applying basic nursing practices and methodology.
- Skill in maintaining records and preparing reports.
- Skill in the application of techniques needed in interviewing, observing, recording and reporting signs and symptoms of patients’ health status.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication with patients and members of the health care system.
- Ability to give, understand, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to identify potential health and safety hazards.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other employees, patients and relative of the health care facility.
- Ability to make independent judgments in relationship to the nursing care patients.
- Ability to develop, implement, evaluate and modify nursing standards and procedures.
- Participates in staff development and continuing educational programs.
Job Type: Full-time