ILR Health is excited to offer you these rare opportunities in several amazing locations in and around the Phoenix area. Locations like this don’t come along often. These positions offer competitive pay rates and are open to providers who are currently outside of the area. They welcome candidates in all stages of their careers. Apply quickly to be considered. Contact Marc directly at 910-228-4607 – call or text, and marc@ilrHealth.com. Visit our website, ilrHealth.com to learn more about us.
Registered Nurse from an accredited program currently licensed and in good standing with the respective State Board of Nursing. At least 1-year experience in nursing in an acute care setting and 1-year experience in home health, hospice or comparable experience is preferred. Desire to learn and demonstration of aptitude for the hospice philosophy and comfort care required. Must have the ability to work cooperatively with other disciplines including, social workers, chaplains, CNA’s andvolunteers. Hospice and Palliative Care certification preferred, or the understanding that this must be obtained within 6 months of being eligible to sit for the certification test.
It is the responsibility of the Care Manager/RN to coordinate and to ensure the highest level of hospice care is provided to patients and families.
The CM/RN works in conjunction with the Executive Director/Director of Clinical Services and the Interdisciplinary Team to:
● Provide coordination and completion of admissions in a timelymanner
● Assess patient for appropriateness for admission to hospice using the LCD’s, federal and state regulations, Hospice policy and procedures, and clinical knowledge base asguidelines
● Provide hands-on clinical nursing, interacting with patients, family, physicians, Interdisciplinary Team members, and other health care professionals involved in the patient’scare.
● Assess and coordinate a pain/symptom management program formulated with the participation of family and patient, attending physician and the Interdisciplinary Team, utilizing pharmacological and non-pharmacological methods of pain/symptom control to enhance quality oflife.
● Assistinfacilitatingfreedomofchoice,reliefofsufferinganddeathwithdignityforpatientsfacingendof lifeissues
● Provide support and education for families based on the hospice philosophy of care. Care includes physical, psychological, spiritual and financialcomfort.
● Participate in Interdisciplinary Team meetings and up-dates the Plan of Care (POC) for assigned patients based on identified problems andneeds
● Ensure patient care is delivered at the appropriate level ofcare with coordination of PCP and medical director, provide management of medication profile to prevent poly-pharmacy and ensure optimal symptommanagement
● Manage medication profile to ensure hospice is providing medications related to disease process and symptommanagement
● Ensure all services provided are in accordance with the patient’sPOC
● Ensure the POC involves the active participation of the patient, family, PCP and the Interdisciplinary Team
● Provide team members with appropriate information to coordinate all services related to hospice care for assigned patients. Coordination of services include communicating and making assignments for visiting nurses, home health aide/homemaker, chaplain, social worker, volunteer and ancillary services, as well as, ordering medications and Durable Medical Equipment, andsupplies
● Provide consultation and supervision to all CNAs and LPNs involved in the care of thepatient
● Participate in the performance evaluation of clinical members of LPN(s) and CNA(s) involved with the care of caseload.